Quality Medical Care with International Standards
Panama offers high quality medical care with international standards. It has one of the largest numbers of US-trained physicians and specialists of any country.
Medical Tourism: Panama- First-Class Medical Treatments at Affordable Prices.
Panama is becoming a Mecca for "health tourism". Why? Because Panama offers first-class medical treatments by American-trained doctors in hospitals on a par with the USA at 50% less cost.
What is medical tourism?
A "medical tourist" goes to another country which has international medical care standards to get a medical treatment done but at a fraction of the cost.
Only in Panama can a medical tourist:
- Get a medical treatment with the same techniques, facilities and medications etc. as in the USA.
- Choose from a wide selection of English speaking American-trained doctors.
- Stay in hospitals which compare favorably to the best US hospitals.
- Enjoy cosmopolitan Panama City- Central America's safest and most modern city.
- Take a recupration vacation in Panama City or a short distance from Panama City enjoying world-class beach, mountain and nature destinations.
- Panama is the Hub of the Americas with direct flights to the major cities in the region and the USA. Panama is only 2.5 hours from Miami and 4 hours from other US major cities.
- The US dollar is the Panamanian currency, a great convenience and English is a second language.
The prices are 50%-60% less than a similar treatment in the States.
Panama is Safe
Panama to one of the safest countries and capital cities in the Americas. It is also the only Latin American capital where it is safe to drink the tap water.
Panamanian doctors are known to be fine professionals who give unrushed attentive care
Americans living in Panama will tell you what a pleasure it is to be treated by one of Panama's numerous American-trained, English speaking doctors. They are warm, knowledgeable and unhurried.
According to the IRS, most travel expenses due to medical reasons are tax deductible. Website: IRS Publication 502 (2011), Medical and Dental Expenses
Hospitals: Hospital Nacional, Panama City
Hospital Nacional is a modern, 80-bed private hospital located 2 blocks from the US Embassy in Panama City. The Medical staff has 160 physicians and specialists in virtually every field of medicine. Many are US Board Certified and most have received training in the United States or Western Europe. The hospital has some of the most advanced medical technology in Central America. There is a special office to take care of international clients.
A US-based hospital management firm leads the administration of Hospital Nacional and it has a strategic alliance with Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.